Ejari registration is the new system introduced by the Government of Dubai which is used to register any Dubai tenancy contract with the Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA).
All contracts should be registered with Ejari Dubai to ensure that the Dubai rental market becomes one of the most transparent in the world.
Registering your tenancy contract in Dubai is now mandatory for:
- New/renewal of residence visas
- Obtaining a commercial license
- Employing domestic staff
- Acquiring a liquor license
- Connecting water and electricity with DEWA.
The translation of Ejari from Arabic is ‘My Rent’ and in the case of the new government legislation it signifies an innovative program which will move the Dubai real estate industry to be among the best controlled rental markets.
Ejari registration is required by all individuals and companies acting as landlords in order to register tenancy contracts.
The Ejari system offers a complete collection of services over and above registering the rental agreement. Cancellations, renewals, terminations and transfers may all be logged. Ejari will make sure leasing is fair to all people involved and that their particular terms and conditions are shown complete consideration.
Important Features and Benefits of EJARI System:
- Anyone can access the official updated information of emirate’s rental properties.
- This system successfully manages to legalize the process of tenancy by issuing standard rent receipts.
- It also protects the rights of landlords and tenants by a proper tenancy contract.
- Both the parties can review the whole contract in case of arguments.
EJARI is an internet based application designed to facilitate legal process of property leasing and its documentation. Its major aim is to support tenants, landlords and management companies. It works with RERA to provide total solutions of property leasing issues of rental market of Dubai. It benefits tenants by providing them a central and authorized platform, where they can get their tenancy contracts regulated.